Events and Volunteer Coordinator
The Plymouth Public Library Foundation (PPLF) is growing! PPLF hosts three major fundraisers per year: Tee It Up for Literacy Golf Tournament; Arts & Crafts Festival and Taste of the Town. Each of these events provide an opportunity for local businesses to sponsor the Plymouth Public Library and individuals to participate in the events. These plus other smaller scale events offer an opportunity to cultivate and build relationships with our donors and stakeholders.
An active volunteer core is also central to our success and provides another opportunity to nurture and grow existing relationships. Attention to detail is a must! We are looking for an organized, creative, tech savvy individual interested in helping the PPLF to improve and expand our ability to engage members of our community.
The following experience is required: event and/or project management (1-2+ years), proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a working knowledge of the various social media platforms FB, Instagram, Twitter etc.
- Provide logistical support for all Foundation events, scheduling and communicating with vendors, exhibitors, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Design and coordinate media publicity and marketing for events, including social posts, e-blasts, press releases and other promotional material.
- Keep up-to-date records and accurate accounting for each event, using donor software to track giving.
- Ensure that event sponsors are appropriately recognized according to sponsor level.
- Assist at events, including set up and take down and follow-up processes.
- Schedule and manage volunteers at events.
Tasks (Volunteer Coordinator)
- Review volunteer applications and match volunteers to Library department.
- Communicate regularly with Library staff about ongoing volunteer needs.
- Track and report monthly hours and other volunteer statistics as needed.
- Prepare volunteer appreciation event and coordinate holiday volunteer gifts.
- Utilize volunteers to help complete administrative work for volunteer program.
- Keep up to date records and ensure all volunteers recorded in donor software.
Interested? Please send resume and cover letter to Anne Phelan (email@example.com)
Questions? Call Anne at (508)830-4250 x216